Friday, August 19, 2005

Colson Update 8/19/05

Dear Friends,

First, I would like to continue to thank you all for your prayer support, cards, and emails. We are certainly blessed to have such a group of friends and family to help see us through. We have been very fortunate that this first round of chemo has not made me very sick, relative to what we know it could have done. I have had many more good days than bad days this time around, and we are praying that my second cycle of chemo will be the same. Please pray for us as I am admitted to the hospital next Thursday to begin my second cycle of chemo that the doctors will have made correct adjustments to my nausea medication and that the second cycle will have me feeling better.

We also made another trip to UVA today to see the radiation oncologist, and we began to discuss plans for radiation therapy, likely to begin in November alongside of my chemo and will last for 5-6 weeks. Because of the intense skin irritaion that will occur from radiation along with the fatigue that I will likely experience down the road with the chemo, we have begun to pray and look for a home with a bathroom and bedroom on the ground floor. This would make life MUCH easier, and some extra space would be very helpful as we have had alot of family in to help. Right now, Cynthia's parents (Mr and Mrs Lindsey) are here, and have been a tremendous help and blessing to us. Please continue to pray for Mr. Lindsey's health as well, and for them as they will be on the road this weekend. My parents and brother will be here over the weekend to see Cynthia and me.

Thank you again for your prayers and help- God continues to open doors for us to share with others the things He has done. We are truly blessed.

He is faithful,

Joey and Cynthia Colson

No comments: